We’re so excited for the first-ever BARBERFEST, taking place Monday 5 July at the Hilton Brighton Metropole. Get tickets here for just £15!
Here’s some updates we have about the event that we think you’ll want to know about…
- The Dark Stag Buck barber scissor will be available at BARBERFEST!
The Buck starts with you! The Dark Stag Buck is a brand-new set of scissors designed to be durable and reliable, it’s available at an accessible price point for brand-new barbers – or as a brilliant backup blade. UK: £15+VAT. Sizes: 6.0″ / 6.5″ / 7.0″ and 5.5″ Thinner scissor. Dark Stag will be appearing at BARBERFEST.
- Salon Supplies are coming to BARBERFEST! We’re excited to announce that the leading furniture supplier is coming to Brighton! The distributor of luxury Italian brand Pietranera and also stocks REM and Takara Belmont. Stay tuned for more details of what will be at BARBERFEST.
- Watch the live finals of the Raw Talent Barbering Competition, sponsored by VTCTThe Raw Talent Barbering Competition, sponsored by VTCT is brought to you by Modern Barber Magazine, BARBERFEST and Mike Taylor Education with the aim of giving a much-needed platform for barber students and junior barbers to showcase their skills.Excitingly, the final will take place live in our competition area. It’s time for the next generation of barbers to show the industry what they’re made of. And the best news? There’s a £250 prize up for grabs and Dark Stag goodies!Contestants were asked to provide up to four images of ONE haircut they have done as well as a short description of the look and the inspiration behind it in order to enter and they’ll be recreating the looks live on the day. Big congratulations to the finalists – see them here,
- Time to network (and take a cheeky selfie)!We know you want a place to hang out and chat with your industry peers and drink a beer (no pressure though!), so you’ll love the (two!) Networking Hubs, which are sponsored by MVRCK by Mitch and PPL PRS Music. We’ll also have a selfie wall with a cheeky message we think you’ll like…
- All your PPE needs sorted! GMP Healthcare are planning to bring both their Clean Cut Salon Sanitiser (liquid concentrate for sanitising equipment such as combs and scissors) as well as their Alcohol Free Hand Sanitiser to BARBERFEST (both products are branded under the name “Aseptic”). Plus, the brand will be offering a 40% discount. Win!
- Our final line up for the stages is here!
Take a look at the Business Learning Stage, sponsored by NHBF and the MB Inspiration Stage timetables below
Business Learning Stage, sponsored by the NHBF
10:00am Phil Jarman, Shifting Your Mindset: Marketing, Business Growth and Customer Delight (Not Satisfaction!), co-owner Carlo & Co
10:45am Ria-Jaine, Accounting 101 for Barbers, director The Beauty Accountant
11:30am Carl Hinder, How to Make Sure Your Clients Never Say ‘No’, business coaching specialist
12:15pm Andrew Cannon, Is it Possible to Build a Barbershop Brand?, CEO and co-founder of Ruffians
1:00pm Tom Chapman, Can A Barber Save A Life?, founder Lions Barber Collective
1:45pm Sam Campagna, Building A Sustainable Team Through Employment, creative director Alternative Barbering Co
2:30pm Matt Allen, You’re More Than A Barber, You’re A Brand, branding expert and project manager
3:15pm Mike Taylor, Why Apprenticeships Are Vital For Our Industry, founder of Mike Taylor Education
MB Inspiration Stage
10:00am Great British Barbering Academy
10:45am Teddy Edwards Cutting Rooms
11:30am MVRCK by Mitch Ambassadors – Baldy and Kade Burgess
12:15pm Cresswell Barber Co
1:00pm Tariq Howes and Male Avenue Grooming
1:45pm Toni & Guy Art Team
2:30pm Keri Blue
3:15pm Dark Stag ambassadors AJ Rapture and Bridey Jo
4:00pm Luke Tipple
4:00pm Raw Talent Barbering Competition Winners Announced
Not got tickets yet? You don’t want to miss out! Get tickets here for just £15!