Fitness expert, Matt Ibbs of the Liverpool Personal Training Studio shows that better?muscle definition, weight loss and a healthy outlook is an enjoyable choice not a?chore.
- To lose weight and improve muscle definition follow a high protein, high fat, low?carb diet.
- ?Cut out toxic foods like pasta and breads and go for sweet potato and green?vegetables. Put good fats in your diet such as eggs, coconuts and avocado and focus?your protein input on chicken, white fish and a little salmon.
- As a guide, multiply your weight in pounds by ten and minus it by 650-750 (that?s?only for the men) to arrive at a number of calories that will promote weight loss.?Those calories should be split ? 20% carbs, 35% fat, 45% protein.
- Muscle burns calories, so the more muscle you build the more calories you burn.?I recommend splitting the body over 4 days: day 1 legs, day 2 chest and back, day 3?shoulders and arms, day 4 torso.
- Exercise is best done in sets with repetitions and rests. A cardio example is to?sprint flat out for one minute and have a two minute rest and repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Endless crunches and leg lifts are less useful than resistance exercises in the gym?such as hanging raises, cable crunches or the ?wood chop? where you bring your?hand across your body to two o?clock on the cable machine.
- YOU CAN?T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET. Take time to find the right foods that work for?you. Tweet Matt @mattibbs