Modern Barber is a trading name of M Squared Media Ltd. Trades Exhibitions Ltd and M Squared Media Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how, when and why we collect personal information and how we use it and keep it secure.
1. Who is collecting your data? Trades Exhibitions Ltd and M Squared Media Ltd are exhibition, conference and awards organisers and magazine publishers in the beauty, spa and wellness, aesthetics and hair industries. The brands and trading names of Trades Exhibitions and M Squared Media Ltd include Professional Beauty, World Spa & Wellness, 360 Active Wellness, Aesthetic Medicine, Organic & Natural Beauty, Hairdressers Journal International and Salon International.
The registered company address is: Allington House, 25 High Street, Wimbledon, SW19 5DX. Telephone: 0207 351 0536 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Company Registration No: Trades Exhibitions 06813406, M Squared Media Ltd 06318537
2. Why is the data being collected, and what’s our lawful basis for doing so? In order for us to provide you with services (such as access to ours shows, subscriber-only services, industry news, email newsletters and competitions) we will require you to supply us with your personal data. In order to deliver such services, it is our contractual obligation to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to our business partner(s) and to associated companies of Trade Exhibitions Limited for processing both inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will notify you as to the types of personal information we are collecting about you as well as the uses we intend to make of that personal information. We may use the personal information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our events, online services or special offers, competitions or promotions we think you’ll find of interest but we will do this only where you have consented, and you may unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time, either by notifying us using the contact details set out below.
2.1 Events – By registering for an event organised by Trades Exhibitions Ltd & M Squared Media Ltd we have a contractual obligation to process your data to send you relevant information regarding the event, including your entry badge or ticket.
2.2 Publications – By subscribing to a Trades Exhibitions Ltd & M Squared Media Ltd publication, we have a contractual obligation to process your data to send you relevant information regarding the publication, including the magazine and renewals.
2.3 Competitions – By entering a Trades Exhibitions Ltd & M Squared Media Ltd competition, we have a contractual obligation to process your data to send you relevant information regarding the competition, including prizes and finalists.
3. Who Else Will We Tell About You?
3.1 Subject to what we say below, we will not pass on your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your consent. We may provide aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to our third-party partners (if any), but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
3.2 If you enter any competitions with sponsors it may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to the promoters of the competition or to others that are involved in the organisation of the competition or the prize-giving.
3.3 Of course, if you post any personal information to any bulletin boards or forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world.
3.4 We may transfer your personal information to purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries) if Trades Exhibitions Ltd and M Squared Media Ltd acquires, or is acquired by or merged with, another company. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship despite a change of ownership.
3.5 We may also need to provide your data to our subscription and other fulfilment agents in order to provide goods or services to you.
4. How do we store your data?
5. How long will your data be kept for?
We will keep your data for a maximum of 3 years from collection, unless you register for any other Trades Exhibitions Ltd & M Squared Media Ltd Events, products or services, or until you ask for it to be removed, whichever is sooner.
6. Security and possibility of international transfer
Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection for personal information as countries within the EEA, but we always demand that those parties to whom we transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that we follow ourselves. In line with our data processor agreements, we ensure that all precautions are taken to protect your data and require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance to the law. They act only in accordance to instructions and they agree to keep your personal data confidential and secure. We have a contractual obligation to provide third parties with your personal data for processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide your personal information.
7. The Use Of ‘Cookies’
9. How you can access and update your information
You are able to view the data we hold on you at any time by contacting email@example.com.
We are committed to ensuring the accuracy of your information, and regularly check the details we have are correct. If you change any details that we hold, please notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Trades Exhibitions Ltd & M Squared Media Ltd, 1.17 The Plaza, 535 Kings Rd, London, SW10 0SZ.
You have the right to decide whether or not you want to receive information from us. If you no longer wish to receive certain communications please use the ‘manage your preferences’ or ‘unsubscribe’ links in the emails or SMS you have received or update via this form: www.salonshow.co.uk/preferences
If you want to complain about communications you receive from us, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 0207 351 0536. If you think that we have misused your data, you can also complain to the Information Commissoner’s Office at any time.