Serena and Ciara are among five Global Champions who were chosen as their respective country’s winner by their in-country judging panel, before being submitted to The All-Star Challenge Global Committee. The Committee made their decision after careful consideration of the following judging criteria:
- Barbering: mastery of clipper skills, fading and shaving
- High Texture: ability to display technical skills, shape, and control whilst working with highly textured hair
- Length: excellence in cutting and styling hair with length while maintaining a masculine edge
- Retro: ability to recreate a classic cut from the past, with technical excellence in cutting and styling
- Trend: ability to be creative and think ahead by producing a shape or style that could become a trend
The All-Star Challenge Global Committee consists of David Raccuglia, founder of American Crew, Paul Wilson, American Crew® Global artistic director; Phoenix Thomson, American Crew global education manager; and former All-Star Challenge 2020 Winner, Luke Munn. With thousands of incredible submissions from talented barbers and stylists all over the world, these five looks stood out to the prestigious panel of judges and are acknowledged as today’s industry-leading talent:
- André Luís de Jesus, Brazil: a tall, long linear flat top with a solid shape to add strength and intensity featuring American Crew Pomade.
- Attila Can, Germany: a textured top look with clean sides and contours that showcases the versatility of two contrasting American Crew styles—elegant and classic, mixed with textured and rebellious.
- Ciara Madden, Ireland: a modern take on today’s smart-casual look for men, placing a new spin on the classic fade with the addition of a triangular quiff fringe using American Crew Boost Powder and Defining Paste.
- Christian Ríos Torres, Spain: a clean, pure, and elegant cut that pushes boundaries with a dramatic silhouette top and light monochromatic wardrobe and style.
- Serena Hussain Hill, U.K.: a 70s-inspired style featuring soft spiral curls and touchable lived-in feel to recreate the epitome of a unique modern glam rock look while embracing natural texture.
The five global winners will be rewarded with a number of prizes including a $5,000 cash prize and an all-expense paid trip to Barcelona, Spain to participate in an editorial photo shoot directed and shot by American Crew Founder, and renowned photographer, David Raccuglia.