For those barbershops still open, we thought it was high time we recapped the safety guidance and PPE rules that should still be followed in your barbershop.
The updates to the Coronavirus safety guidance in September still apply – these included rules on PPE and measures concerning food and drink in the barbershop.
The rules, which were updated on Friday 11 September, allowed barbers and hairdressers to wear goggles as an alternative to a face visor. Both MUST be worn alongside a type II face mask.
The updates on COVID-19 safety guidance also meant that hot or cold drinks can be served to clients as long as they are provided in disposable cups or bottles. Food is still NOT allowed to be consumed in a barbershop or salon and clients are only allowed to remove their face mask or covering to take sips of their drink.
Here’s a quick summary of the Coronavirus safety guidance and PPE rules to follow in your barbershop
- Complete a COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- Clean frequently and thoroughly between each client appointment and encourage clients to use hand sanitisers.
- Ask clients to wear face coverings. Click here for information on those who do not have to wear a face covering.
- Make sure everyone is social distancing by putting up signs and making a system that staff and clients can follow.
- Increase ventilation by keeping doors and windows and open and running ventilation systems.
- Take part in NHS Track & Trace, which is compulsory in England and Wales from 18 September.
- Turn people with Coronavirus symptoms away. If a client or member of staff has a persistent cough, high temperature or loss of taste or smell and has not been tested, they should be turned away.
Pro cleanse your barbershop
When it comes to cleaning thoroughly between each appointment it’s important to choose a product which you can rely on! That’s why Pro-Cleanse Salon Biocide is the ideal instrument disinfectant for hair and beauty salons. Suitable for use on all materials, this solution can be diluted to make up to 20 litres in total and is perfect for use by itself or as a spray.
The pink formula comes in an easy to use bottle which guarantees the perfect amount every time. Barbers and hairdressers alike love Pro-Cleanse – just check out the below testimonial!
“The product is easy to dispense with the well-designed bottle. There is no chemical smell, compared to others on the market.”
Steve, Evolve Hairdressing.
Available to purchase via Smart-Lab. Get 50% off when you use the discount code PRO50 at checkout. Bundle options available.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Pro-Cleanse Salon Biocide.