- BaByliss PRO LoProFX Clipper
- BaByliss PRO LoProFX Trimmer
Follow the six steps below to re-create how to cut a medium fade with waves and keep scrolling to see our exclusive video tutorial.
- Using your clippers, take the hair down to a Number 2 with the grain following the growth pattern from the crown, then moving forward.
- Make your zero guideline with the clipper first, then follow up and clean remaining hair up with the trimmer. Do this to avoid making a hard line with the trimmer.
- Make your barrier line with the Number 1 guard, about a finger width above the zero line to control how high you take the fade, then work back down towards the zero line with the 0.5 guard dropping it closer to a zero as we get closer to the guideline.
- With the Number 2 guard, start working out the barrier line you created with the Number 1 guard, working over it being careful not to follow the curvature of the head.
- Use the Number 1.5 guard and Number 1 guard (open), working closer to the barrier line to finish removing the line and completing the fade. I like to use my 0.5 to pick out and refine the fade, also removing any shaded areas left.
- Finish off the cut by outlining the shape starting with the sides from the recession area down to the temple area, then working back to create a nice arch, then moving on to the front/fringe area – starting in the middle then work your way to the sides to connect the shape up. Finish off with a razor to make the shape up look even sharper.