Late last year the NHF (National Hairdressers? Federation) hosted a whole day of competition finals at the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire. There were three dedicated barbering categories and each one of them was ram packed with skilled barbers showcasing their work in a tough competition for the title of ?Britain?s Best?. The categories included Afro Male Consumer Look open to all, Male Fashion Look students and trainees and Male Fashion Look open to all. Judges included your very own editor and barber industry legend MK and it was tough! Competitors were chosen after a photographic entry submission and then required to create their look on the day in just 30 minutes during a live final.
NHF president Paul Curry thanked all the winners, runners-up, competitors and supporters for making the day such a roaring success. He said ?My congratulations go out to all this year?s winners. The competition was intense and the skill and creativity on show from all the teams was truly breath-taking.?
1. Kade Burgess- Image Barber, Bedford
2. Jason Clayton ? Adore Hair, Derby
3. Michael Damiano ? Image Barber, Bedford
Male Fashion Look (students and trainees)
1. Reef Healy ? Gary Pearce Mens Hair, Huddersfield
2. Syab Raza ? Park Lane Hair Studios
3. Jamie Cochrane ? The Elite London Town Barbers, Barnstaple
Male Fashion Look (open to all)
1. Clark Butler ? Gareth Clark Hair for Men, Didcot
2. Elizabeth Mapp ? Elizabeth & Giovanni?s, Kidderminster
3. Attiq Azam ? Park Lane Studios
Picture credits: R to L Winner Kade Burgess, Paul Curry and model