Rino Riccio of Manifesto London creates a cool 90s hairstyle that will bring your clients lockdown locks back into shape.
This a piece of educational content from our MB Upskills series. Every week we will bring you an informative article that focuses on upping your business or creative skills during lockdown 3.0.
- Starting on freshly washed hair, take a centre section down to the nape.
- Then section off the crown to just behind the ear. Repeat on both sides. Take a diagonal section from just above the ear to the centre.
- Comb the section down and cut in the base line as shown.
- Take the next section and elevate the hair 45 degrees and cut parallel to the section filling your guideline.
- Repeat this process until your last section, using your previous section as a guideline.
6. Repeat the same process on the other side to achieve a round graduation.
7. Take a horizontal section above the ear.
8. Use a small section from the back to work as a guideline to continue the line to the side.
9. Take your next section and slightly elevate cutting through your fingers. Don’t use too much tension as the ear will protrude.
10. Continue until you have run out of hair and comb the hair down to refine the line.
11. Rough dry the hair until 50% dry then apply sea salt spray. We love Davines Salt Spray.
12. Set the hair into position using clips as you want to create texture and movement. Use a diffuser to help the hair dry more naturally and to finish, use a matt clay to give it hold without shine.