The Collective Pride Awards from the Lions Barber Collective aims to reward beauty, hair and barber professionals who are doing amazing things for their local communities.
The Collective Pride Awards, presented by the Lions Barber Collective, has launched to recognise beauty, hair and barber professionals who go above and beyond for others and their local communities, acknowledging that the industry offers way more than just personal care treatments.
Launched by mental wellbeing and suicide prevention charity The Lions Barber Collective, the brand-new awards will recognise the hard work of unsung hair and beauty heroes (individuals and teams) in eight categories – those who not only deliver exceptional services day in, day out, but go the extra mile to help others in a time of need, genuinely making a difference to someone’s life.
“After losing award-winning barber, LBC Ambassador and friend Sam Wall to suicide last year, I wanted to do something to keep his name alive – celebrating those who really look after their clients and the communities they sit within, as well as those who go above and beyond to make a difference to the industry,” Tom Chapman, founder of The Lions Barber Collective, exclusively told Professional Beauty Group (MB’s parent company), who is an official media partner for the awards.
There are 8 Collective Pride Awards categories hair, beauty and barber professionals can enter:
- Beyond Business Award – awarded to the barbershop, nail spa or hair and beauty salon where the effort goes way beyond business expectation, with the team doing way more than their competitors. A business at the hub of the community.To enter this category, the awards team want to know what makes your business so special. For example, maybe your team has raised funds for a wellbeing cause or has created an initiative to support a specific activity to benefit the local community.
- More Than Award – for too long people have said, “I’m just a barber” or “I’m just a beauty therapist”. This award will recognise the creative, heroic and understanding people who work in the beauty and hair industry, proving that they are so much more than people think.
- Against The Odds Awards – this award will recognise a young person (under 21 years olds) currently undertaking training, an apprenticeship or working part-time in a beauty salon, hairdressers or barbershop. The Awards team want to hear about the special individual who, in the face of adversity, challenges or difficulties, has the resolve, grit and fortitude to give 100 percent to their job in order to succeed.
- My Saviour Award – this award will recognise a hairdresser, barber or beauty therapist who a client regards as their “savour”; someone who has helped and given them support during a tough time in their lives. This person will be nominated by their client, not their colleagues.
Special Recognition Awards – There are three categories in this section:
- The Lifetime Achievement Award – which will recognise someone who stands out for their exceptional patronage to the charity and who has in the past 12 months relentlessly gone above and beyond to help and support others.
- The Exceptional Educator Award – awarded to the tutor who delivers beyond the curriculum, making students feel valued, recognised and supporting them unconditionally throughout their studies.
- Exceptional College – this is for the college demonstrating incomparable support to its students during the past 12 months and fully maintaining the Lions Barber Collective ethos.
- Sam Wall Unsung Hero Award – the jewel in the award’s crown. An individual can be nominated for this award for truly superlative effort to help others, going above and beyond the call of duty within the hair, beauty and barbering industry – or within their community.
If you have a friend, family member, a colleague or are simply aware of someone’s extraordinary effort – then the charity wants you to nominate them. This individual’s achievement must have made significant impact on either the industry or their community.
Entries for each category opens on July 1, 2021. Every nomination will be given equal consideration by a board of specialist judges.
The winners will be announced at a glamourous event at the Barber-Surgeons’ Hall in London on January 17, 2022.